About this talk
“Knowledge Graph” is an overloaded term
Today Knowledge Graphs are becoming mainstream, and as this happens, more and more people associate Knowledge Graphs with data models, semantics, knowledge management, and ontologies
For many other people, however, Knowledge Graphs still mean Google Search Info Boxes, panels, SERPs, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
They are all right
The term Knowledge Graph was introduced by Google to signify the huge improvement that semantic technology brought to its search engine
Over time, the extended search capabilities and components enabled by semantic technology have become namesakes for Knowledge Graph
While the term Knowledge Graph has more meanings than this, it’s useful to return to the source
The evolution of Knowledge Graph-powered Google search now extends to voice, assimilates information from JSON-LD markup beyond Wikipedia, and advances the state of the art in NLP (Natural Language Processing)
Let’s explore how this influences, and is influenced by, advances in semantic technology, where the evolution of SEO is headed, and what this means for knowledge graphs at large
- Evolution of SEO
- Interplay of SEO with semantic technology
- SEO Professionals
- Knowledge Graph Builders
- Explore the interplay between SEO and semantic technologies
- Answer questions that matter
- How do those approaches complement one another, and how are they co-evolving?
- What is the current state of the art, how and where is it used in the wild?
- What are the next milestones / roadblocks?
- What can SEO professionals learn from data modelers, and what can data modelers learn from SEO fundamentals?
- Meet and Greet
- Setting the stage
- Meta-semantics: what do we talk about, when we talk about knowledge graphs?
- How are knowledge graphs evolving, in the context of SEO?
- What are some new capabilities that SEO professionals could / should be making use of?
- What are the skills that SEO professionals need to have today?
- What can knowledge graph builders, i.e. data modelers, learn from SEO?
- What does the use of machine learning as low-key AI by Google search to index, categorize and structure data at a micro-level mean for question answering?
- Extended panel
- Expert discussion, coordinated by moderator
- 2 hours running time
- Running time includes modules of expert discussion, interspersed with modules of audience Q&A / interaction
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Basic understanding of Knowledge Graphs